Happy 1st of the month everyone! I always feel like the first day of the month is a new beginning, a fresh slate. Today also marks my 2nd full week of blogging!🎉 Thanks again for being here with me and for all the support🥰 I decided to bring you all a new, healthy recipe to bring in the new month.
These are perfect for on the go and will fill you up for hours. I found this while looking for a sugar free breakfast bar recipe for my boyfriend. He’s not big on sweets or dessert and will not eat anything I make that has sugar added to it (LAME). So I stumbled upon these oatmeal, banana, peanut butter bars that he absolutely LOVES. They’re a little light on the sweet side, so if you do prefer it sweeter, feel free to add more honey or maple syrup than the recipe calls for. It originally calls for honey, but I use sugar free maple syrup instead. You can freeze them for up to 6 months or leave them at room temperature for up to a week. Take it on the go during your ride to work or enjoy one with your morning coffee! 😉
- 3 Very Ripe Bananas 🍌
- 1 Cup of Peanut Butter 🥜
- 1/4 Cup Honey or Maple Syrup 🍯
- 1 Teaspoon Cinnamon 🧂
- 1 Teaspoon Vanilla Extract 🥄
- 2 Cups Old-Fashioned Oats 🌾
- 1 Cup Sliced Almonds 🔪
- Use a hand or stand mixer to mix bananas, peanut butter, honey/maple syrup, cinnamon, and vanilla extract until well blended.
- Add oats and almonds and mix until well combined.
- Cover a 9×9 pan with parchment paper and press and flaten mixture with spatula until evenly spread out.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes (I do 25 minutes so it’s soft and smooth like a protein bar)
- Allow to cool before cutting.
What are some of your favorite recipes for the morning? Let me know and keep me posted if you try out my breakfast bar recipe! Here’s the link to the first breakfast recipe I shared for you guys in case you missed it. I hope you all enjoy!💗😋